Let Us Help You Determine Which Trust Is Right For You
Trusts are important facets of estate planning and allow you to manage your assets while alive. They can protect your assets from creditors, provide important tax benefits and the opportunity to avoid the costly and time-consuming probate process.
But which trust is right for you? An experienced and knowledgeable family law attorney can help you make the right estate planning decisions for yourself and your family. The Law Office of Carrie Kemper Allen, PLLC, in Pearland, Texas, has been helping clients throughout the south Houston metro area for more than 15 years.
Effectively Advising Our Clients
Attorney Carrie Kemper Allen wants to help you fulfill your estate planning goals. She understands that dealing with estates can be overwhelming and confusing. Choosing the right trust is one of the ways in which she and her team can help.
Among the more common types of trusts she will help you review include:
- Living trusts in which your assets are managed by a trustee. This estate planning tool allows you to manage your assets while still alive. Through this trust, you can avoid probate.
- Revocable trusts in which you can change the terms of the trust whenever you want to. One drawback is assets in them are not protected from creditors.
- Irrevocable trusts in which the terms can be changed. Such assets are protected from some creditors.
- Special needs trusts for families with children who have physical or developmental disabilities. These trusts provide money for disabled children after their parents have died. One should have a minimum of $100,000 in them.
- Charitable trusts are ideal estate planning tools that benefit charities and people.
- Perpetual trusts are supposed to last forever and can provide legacies such as college loans or help preserve real estate and business entities.
Ms. Kemper Allen is personable and will give you one-on-one attention. She will help you create the trust that will provide for your children as well as allow you to leave your charitable footprint on the world.
Reach An Experienced Lawyer
Trusts are among the legal tools one may rely upon in estate planning. With many trust options available, you need a skilled attorney to help. The Law Office of Carrie Kemper Allen, PLLC, in Pearland, Texas, has been advising clients on the right fit regarding trusts for more than 15 years. For an initial consultation, contact us via this online form or call 713-804-5889.